Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Monday, May 08, 2006

PS3 Price, Ouch

Gamer Andy, E3 attending fargin bastages, shared what they've learned about the Sony PS3.
Seems Sony's going the two SKU route after all, offering a $499.00 package with a 20gb hard drive, and a 60gb package for $599.00.

Full time job as an experimental welder (DoD, USAF), two teen age kids a wife, a dog, and two fish. We had to scrape to get our 360 in time to play Oblivion on launch day (or rather the day EB actually got them in). Oblivion and Halo X, are killer apps in this house (my sons and I play Halo 2 online together) so the 360 was an easy choice but damnably difficult on my wallet.

Right now, because of Marble Blast Ultra, Oupost Kaloki, Feeding Frenzy, and how much the one 360 is tied up for Oblivion my wife went out and put another 360 on layaway. That's still a LOT of money for us.

I don't see us trying to put together half a grand for the PS3 for a LONG time. Maybe in late 2008 if Sony has games that'll trump the likes of Halo and Elder Scrolls.

Kalroy

PS: GTA and the like don't count. I have kids and I don't let them play trash, and I don't play trash in front of them (as much as I really, really, really want to). Just like I don't let them cuss and don't cuss in front of them.