Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Monday, January 16, 2006

Wired versus Wireless

I finally ran cat 5 cable across the living room to my xbox, pulled the crappy wireless adapter and noticed that there was no difference. Well, no difference in individual matches, but... I did notice that overall performance was better. What I noticed was not better performance in any one match. What I noticed was that I cussed less, and lag compared to my party was better. See, often four of us play off the same connection and sometimes I'll get a bit more lag than Arrowatch, or Max the Troll, or TequilaNaku. Now I lag when they lag also. Certainly I would lag when they lagged before, but now I don't lag while their connect is good.

Think I'll stay with the wires for the XBox, but of course I'll stay wireless with my laptop.

Kalroy