Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Even Better Said

I project. I put myself in Casey Sheehan's place and what I would think of my mother urging me to desert and using my heroic death to push an agenda that hurts the morale of my brothers in arms and improves the morale of my enemy. I doubt I'd have the same vitriolic enmity towards Cindy Sheehan if I hadn't first had those thoughts when I heard about her.

She is a tragic, though vile, figure and there are a number of people who analyze this better than I.

neo-neocon: Grieving parents in war--Part I: from Kathe Kollwitz to Cindy Sheehan is a long road
neo-neocon: Grieving parents in war--Part II: protesting parents, why now?
Message to Cindy Sheehan from IRAQ THE MODEL
Passion of Cindy Sheehan by Chrenkoff
Updates on my soldier: Sheehan's Protest
Mike's Noise: Sheehan versus the Sullivans (from WWII)
Cindy Sheehan Slandering Her Son by COUNTERCOLUMN: All Your Bias Are Belong to Us
BLACKFIVE: Stealing Their Honor by Blackfive
GOP Vixen: Rosa Parks She Ain't by GOP Vixen
Smearing Cindy Sheehan By Accurately Quoting Her by Ace of Spades HQ

I'm not the most eloquent man and often getting my point across is hindered by passion, miscommunication, and a lack of polished style. The bloggers all manage to make points I agree with regarding the vile Cindy Sheehan.

Unless something new and whacked comes up with her I doubt I'll bother with this topic again; unless it's to point to another person's post and that will most likely be via my linkblog.

Kalroy