Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Color Warning System

So I'm waiting around in badging one day, waiting for a vendor, and I noticed a little flyer on the bulletin board. It showed the homeland security color codes in terms I could understand. It cross-referenced the color-coded system with the current "Force Protection" system, and the older "Threat Condition" system. I understood the threatcon levels having lived with them for years, the colors didn't stick with me, though I understand why you wouldn't want the phrase "Threat Condition" associated with the civillian sector and "Force Protection" probably wouldn't stick with most civvies any better than the colors.

When I go back to work next week I'll see if I can score a copy of the thing.


Kal