Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Probably April. Our family budget should allow me to get a new PC and net access then. Currently my neighbor lets me come over and use his computer and I check my e-mail and such but I hate to tie up his computer. Right now he's back east for some training and I find that I'm so busy reading (catching up on) other blogs that I have a hard time making time to write, and that the thought doesn't usually pop into my head. So I leave a short comment (if I leave any) on some of the places I look and that's about it. Heck, I'm out of the loop as far as the news goes. Hopefully that, at least, will change soon as I get into the pace of this Dupont schedule (rotating 12 hr shifts) and learn to manage the couple of hours free I have on workdays better.

Oh, and the job is coming along well. I'm with my shift and learning the ropes. I'm getting into the swing of things and learning the personalities and who to guard my back against. The niftiest thing was being inside the main building, walking around and looking around without wearing a gas-mask or toxic agent protective gear. That was kind of a thrill (I know, easily amused). That will all change once we're processing agent and agent based weapons, but I'm not sure that will happen anytime soon.

Anywho, good luck to ya'll, I'll drop by from time to time with a short update, and when my new computer is up and online I'll start writing on a more regular basis.


Kal