Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Monday, July 28, 2003

Steven Den Beste blogs about The Enlightenment. I find I often agree, and am often educated by his blogs, my favorite being about history (especially military).

"I think this idea of cultural purity and of an absolute dedication to preserving the old ways and preventing cross-cultural pollution is something that western leftists are projecting, rather than something the majority of people elsewhere actually think."

I disagree, I don't think they're projecting, since that would imply they had those feelings themselves. Consider that the group talked about has little regard for tradition. It's a group that has consistently attacked America's traditions (both the good ones and the bad ones).

I think what they are projecting is their own hate of America and its culture, and simply rationalizing it as the hatred of Western culture by others.

Kal