Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Monday, July 21, 2003

Gimp for the Gipper?

So I'm watching Kobe Television today... No, not Japanese TV on Satellite, rather Fox/CNN/CNNHN, and on Fox there was actually something not about Kobe.  It seems that James Brolin is slated to play former President Ronald Reagan in a new TV miniseries.  This is the James Brolin who I always enjoyed watching, the same James Brolin who married outspoken and well-known leftist Barbara Streisand.  It's rather a trip, but I also have to wonder how it will end up.  I don't know the man on a personal level, it's likely that he is as avowed a leftist as Mrs. Streisand, however Carville/Shriver both married well-known conservatives, and the truth is not everyone is so bigoted that they wouldn't look at someone of differing political, social, and cultural outlook without pre-judgment.   I can't tell you what his work-ethic is like.  He could be a consummate professional and play Ronald Reagan honestly, accurately and without leftist demonization.  Frankly I intend to give him the benefit of the doubt until I happen to learn more about A) his political leanings, B) his work-ethic reputation.


Either way Mrs. Streisand is either pissed off or happy that the show will get a leftist spin.


Note:  While looking around to find out about Mr. Brolin's politics/comments I found that Boycott Hollywood already had the story posted.


Kal