Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Thursday, June 06, 2002

Oh this is rich.

So I'm checking out the stats for this page on gostats and I had a good chuckle over the effects of not updating your HTML code. It seems that I have had 72 unique visitors yesterday. Certainly it's a possibility, but doubtful. Consider that the only comments existant (is that a real word?) on this page are my little tests, and that no one knows about this page, and there is really very little to interest anyone on this page.

The page is really nothing more than a rant page. It doesn't have the witty and pithy commentaries and opinions that other pages do, and my insights are hardly deep and unique. Of course I do consider my opinions to be pretty durn solid, but then so do a lot of people who I wouldn't invite into my home, let alone share a liferaft with; so that pretty much shows how valid one's own opinions of oneself can be.

Here's what is wonderous about my '72' unique visitors, they are all time-travellers. Seriously, they really are. They all hit my site on Wednesday, December 31st, 1969. At least I was actually alive at the time. Perhaps it's a delayed side-effect of walking on the moon that year, or just maybe time-travellers from 1969 take a genuine interest in what I have to say. I mean, so long as they're just viewing the site and not leaving lava lamps around where I might trip on them, I guess I'm okay with it.