Kalroy Was Here

Eighth man from Adam, an artificer of metals

Monday, April 22, 2002

Wahoo!!!

Well gang, I have a roof and limited internet access for a couple of weeks more. We'll have to see how it all works out. Hopefully, if everything goes smoothly, I'll have my car up and running by the end of the week. Registration and insurance taken care by the second week of next month, and the radiator replaced and the car running well by the end of next month.

On a sadder note, my radio and equalizer were stolen along with my car keys. I was keeping the beast at a friends house and someone had broken into their house. A bunch of stuff went missing, along with my car keys. I guess they took the time to steal my radio and equalizer too. I was pretty pissed, my friend was incredibly pissed.

So I'll have to get the car re-keyed or, at the very least, get new keys made. I'd rather get it re-keyed, but as you know my funds are limited. Well, not even limited, more like non-existant. Getting new keys alone will eat up most of the scratch I have left.

Still, on the plus side, I'm feeling a bit less stress (for the next couple of weeks while I have a roof), and I got to talk to my sons today. I guess that was the best thing. It's only been a few days but it's been tearing away at me, and it's nice to be able to re-assure them that their daddy is okay and loves them dearly.